The MOTOBLUR Terms and Conditions and the MOTOBLUR Privacy Statement (collectively the Agreement) form a binding contract between you and Motorola Mobility, Inc., a Delaware corporation, with its principal place of business at 600 US Highway 45, Libertyville, IL 60048, United States of America, (Motorola). Any terms defined in the Agreement will have the same meaning as in both the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement. Using the MOTOBLUR software and services (MOTOBLUR) constitutes your acceptance of the terms of the Agreement without modification. If you do not accept the terms of the Agreement, then you may not use MOTOBLUR.
This Privacy Statement applies to your use of the MOTOBLUR Software and Services (MOTOBLUR) unless otherwise set out in the Welcome email that you received upon registering your MOTOBLUR account. This statement does not apply to information Motorola may collect in any other manner, including on its non-MOTOBLUR websites, through email messages you may send, to authorised Motorola representatives or otherwise.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES MOTOROLA COLLECT?
Motorola collects a variety of information from you and your mobile device, including:
* Information about you such as your name, address, telephone numbers, date of birth, your contacts, calendar, account credentials, user settings and preferences, payment card information, your username and password, your purchase preferences and social networking credentials that you have stored on your mobile device;
* Information about your mobile device such as your wireless phone number, the type of device and mobile network you are using, your device's IMEI number or SIM card ID, the location of your device (whether determined by wireless networks, mobile phone mast triangulation or GPS); and
* Information about how you use your mobile device, such as your installation and use of applications on your device the status of your devices battery, diagnostic information, your use of accessories and activation of hardware features
HOW DOES MOTOROLA USE MY INFORMATION?
Generally, Motorola uses the information it collects from your device to:
* Operate MOTOBLUR, including allowing your device to interact with third party services such as websites and social networks and to locate your device if lost or stolen;
* Support MOTOBLUR, including providing information about Motorola, MOTOBLUR and your MOTOBLUR account; performing system restores, updates, backups, remote diagnostics, troubleshooting, remote erase and any other services performed, provided or enabled by or through MOTOBLUR;
* Deliver information you may find interesting such as information about products and services related to MOTOBLUR or your device, whether provided by Motorola or a third party;
* Help Motorola customise and/or improve MOTOBLUR;
* As otherwise described at the time such information is collected; and
* For legal reasons such as uses described in the MOTOBLUR Terms and Conditions, to resolve disputes and collect fees owed and to comply with applicable laws.
HOW DOES MOTOROLA SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Motorola will also share your information with third parties if it believes it is required by law or contract to do so, if all or part of its business is acquired by a third party, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the MOTOBLUR Agreement or may be violating Motorola's or other's rights or causing injury to or interference with Motorola's or other's property.Unless specifically authorised in this paragraph, Motorola will not share information about your location with third parties except as necessary in connection with the uses described in this privacy statement.
WHAT ARE MY CHOICES, HOW DO I CONTACT MOTOROLA, AND WHERE IS MOTOROLA?
You can request access to the personal information contained in your MOTOROLA MOBILE account by contacting Motorola at email@example.com. You are responsible for making sure the information you provide to Motorola is accurate and complete and for updating or correcting such information as necessary.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from Motorola, you may visit http://optout.motorola.com or follow the directions contained in the email to remove your name from our mailing list(s). Please note that by refusing to provide personal information or by denying or withdrawing consent to use personal information as identified in this privacy statement, you may be unable to participate in certain Motorola-sponsored programmes or activities.
For other questions or requests about the use of your information, including requests to opt out of the collection or use of certain kinds of information, please contact Motorola by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Motorola Mobility, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Compliance Programme
600 North U.S. Highway 45
Libertyville, Illinois 60048
Your information will be transferred to Motorola, a company located in Illinois, USA. If you reside outside of the United States, you hereby specifically consent to the transfer of your information, including without limitation, personally identifiable information and all information described herein, to the USA for processing and storage by Motorola. You understand that the U.S. may not have laws that provide the same level of protection as laws in your home country.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES DOES MOTOROLA TAKE?
Motorola uses standard technical and organisational security measures, where appropriate, to protect the personally identifiable information that it collects and maintains. However, no data transmitted over a wireless or interactive network is 100% secure, and many of the communications you make using MOTOBLUR will be accessible to third parties. You should therefore be cautious when submitting any personally identifiable information using MOTOBLUR, and you understand that you are using MOTOBLUR at your own risk.
As a global company, Motorola has international sites and users all over the world. The personal information you provide may be transmitted, used, stored, and otherwise processed outside of the country where you submitted that information, including jurisdictions that may not have data privacy laws that provide equivalent protection to such laws in your home country.
WHAT ABOUT MY CHILD'S PRIVACY?
Motorola provides MOTOBLUR for use by persons age 16 and over. Motorola does not seek to collect information about children under the age of 16. Children under 16 years of age should not submit information to Motorola. Motorola will delete information collected from children under 16 years of age immediately upon discovery and will not use the information for any purpose. Motorola encourages parents to take an active role in their children's use of any interactive service or device, and to inform them of the potential dangers of providing information about themselves over the Internet.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of 1 March 2011 and is subject to change without notice.